Exploring Laguna Niguel Restaurants
One way to connect with a place is by exploring its culinary scene. This is especially true when you move to or visit a foreign city. In this article, we’ll help you familiarize yourself with the traits and background of Laguna Niguel by introducing you to some of its best restaurants.
For those who are yet to know Laguna Niguel, it is a lovely city in the scenic area of San Joaquin Hills in Orange County, CA. Laguna Niguel is loved by many for its captivating suburban feel, abundance of green spaces, and pleasant weather.
If you want to know more about the city, let’s start by checking out the culinary delights offered by the top-notch Laguna Niguel restaurants.
10 Must-Try Restaurants
The restaurants we’ll share with you today offer a one-of-a-kind experience that will leave a mark on you. From mouthwatering meals of Mexican cuisine to sweet desserts and everything in between!
Photo by ROMAN ODINTSOV
Snooze an AM Eatery is the kind of breakfast spot that every neighborhood in the city wishes they have. The rates are reasonable, the service is warm and friendly, they won’t make you feel rushed, and the cuisine is outstanding.
You’ll find all the standard morning foods on the menu like pancakes, french toast, eggs benedict, oatmeal burritos, breakfast sandwiches, and more. It’s one of the best places for breakfast in Laguna Niguel you will ever go to!
- The Snooze Classic – You can choose any of the following: bacon, ham, chorizo, sausage, pulled pork, chorizo, or chicken sausage, served with three cage-free eggs cooked to your liking. Hash browns and your choice of toast are included.
- Smashed Avocado Benny – The restaurant’s trademark English muffin topped with smashed avocado, poached cage-free eggs, Parmesan cheese, smoked cheddar hollandaise, seasoned tomatoes, and spice.
- Strawberry Pancake – Pancakes cooked with buttermilk and topped with strawberry mascarpone, strawberry coulis, fresh strawberries, almond streusel, and vanilla crème produced in-house.
“Overall excellent location for high quality, tasty, relatively inexpensive breakfast / brunch. Staff were very friendly and attentive, atmosphere was upbeat and welcoming. Everything tasted amazing, with my photo showing a pancake flight of Blueberry Pancake, Blueberry Danish Pancake, and Chocolate Chip Pancake. I also got a side of eggs and bacon. I wholeheartedly recommend Snooze and plan to come back for more great food!”
– Ian E
Photo by Polina Tankilevitch
When you visit Caló Kitchen + Tequila, you’ll be greeted by patrons sitting at the bar having a good time as they eat their food. It’s one of the places to be in Laguna Niguel for a broad selection of Mexican seafood meals. They offer complimentary chips, bean dip, and salsa.
Calo serves an excellent, contemporary spin on the traditional Mexican culinary scene. Calo is well-known for its extensive Tequila selection. Calo Kitchen is one of the best Laguna Niguel restaurants for a one-of-a-kind meal that will expand your culinary horizons.
- Short-Rib Enchiladas – accompanied with veracruz white rice, fried onions, chopped cilantro, black beans, and a sauce cooked from scratch using short ribs.
- Camarones al Mojo de Ajo – Served with red rice and refried beans, the Camarones al Mojo de Ajo dish has premium prawns prepared with garlic butter, onions, capers, guacamole, and mojo de ajo sauce.
- Tampiquena de Carne Asada – A prime skirt steak with onion, baja cream, red cheese enchiladas, guacamole, and refried beans.
“This was our second time eating here. I love this place! The food is really good. If you drink, the drinks are good, too! The wait staff was more than accommodating and even made suggestions that weren’t on the menu. They really want to please their customers.”
Photo by Adam Steinberg
Bricco Cucina and Wine Bar is one of the favorite local restaurants in Laguna Niguel for authentic Italian cuisine. The dishes are amazing, each offering a wonderful harmony of tastes and textures. There’s a parking lot out front, but it’s still a pleasant place to hang out and have meaningful conversations.
- Bruschetta Trio – Toasted bread, bruschetta, olive giardiniera, and roasted red peppers.
- Arugula and Burrata Salad – It consists of arugula, fresh burrata, Romaine, toasted crushed pistachios, balsamic glaze, cherry tomatoes, and basil vinaigrette.
- Kale Mushroom Ravioli – A perfect fresh pasta meal for vegans, they serve it with Marinara Sauce and Pistachio Romesco.
“Delicious homemade Italian food! There’s outdoor seating but it is facing a parking lot. Loved the food here, friendly service, and a great place to go with family + friends.”
Photo by Tim Douglas
When you step into Hendrix, you’ll be met by a relaxing display of blues and light that will put you in a dreamy state. The bar’s prime location and spacious U-shape make it an excellent people-watching spot.
- Rotisserie Chicken – You can choose either of the following Rotisserie choices:
- Half Lemon Garlic or a whole chicken for a feast
- Prime Rib
- Pork Belly
- Slice of Colorado Corn Fed Lamb
- Hendrix Burger – Includes Double R Ranch 8 oz, chipotle aioli, Vermont cheddar, bacon, tomato, arugula, onion, and Kennebec fries.
- Pan Seared Striped Bass – It has farro-cucumber salad and shallot vinaigrette.
“Fantastic food and drink at this restaurant. This is our usual hang after work on Thursday Nights. We usually sit at the bar but have also dined in the dining room. Great selection of appetizers and main courses. I highly recommend the truffle fries and the Brussels sprouts.”
Photo by Rachel Claire
It is a beloved Mexican diner renowned for its authentic and mouthwatering fare.
The restaurant exudes a warm and inviting atmosphere, creating the perfect setting to savor an array of traditional Mexican dishes like tacos, enchiladas, burritos, and fajitas, all expertly crafted using the freshest and highest-quality ingredients.
- Mama Avila’s Soup – A bowl of chicken and rice soup topped with fresh avocado, cilantro, onions, and tomatoes as garnishes. Tortillas are included with the serving.
- Fiesta Botana – Delicious pork and chicken that has been grilled, together with large shrimp from Mazatlan that have been fished wild and cooked in a garlic butter sauce.
- Quesadilla Avila – A big flour tortilla that has been grilled and is stuffed with various cheeses and shredded meat or chicken and then topped with guacamole and sour cream.
“It’s always great and fast service at Avila’s El Ranchito on Laguna Niguel, Dine in. Absolutely delicious food 😋 they give you big portions, and the staff always asks if we need anything else. I totally recommend this place. You won’t regret it.”
You’ll discover a tempting array of pasta, paninis, and pizza at this delightful establishment in a vibrantly furnished space. The ambiance is unique, offering a captivating journey into the past, while the open kitchen adds an exciting element to your dining experience.
It is a place where you can enjoy a delectable meal and revel in the visual and culinary delights of a setting that beautifully blends the old with the new.
- Lobster Ravioli – Lobster stuffed ravioli sherry cream with shallots, garlic, cream, and red bell peppers.
- Seared Ahi Salad – Blackened 8. oz Ahi Tuna with bell peppers, Romaine lettuce, tomato, parmesan, and balsamic reduction.
- Cavatelli Della Zia – Shell pasta, caramelized onions, garlic, roasted eggplant, and Mozzarella (with Bolognese added).
“Ordered the special Ciappino Mangia bene and it was really good. The sauce was savory and tangy and the seafood was nice and tender, not chewy. Paired with a Rosa wine it was great. Moat of the food comes out of the kitchen really hot so be careful. The owner, Chris, was such an awesome guy, he got my daughter a dessert on the house for her birthday. Chris helped with his food suggestions and not only did he make it a delectable experience but a happy one.”
Photo by Brett Jordan
Savor the absolute best in pizza slices in Laguna Niguel at Zpizza! With six years of partnership with Slice, they have firmly established themselves as a local favorite. They offer curbside pickup, so you can grab your pizza on the go!
- Cheesy Bruschetta Pasta – Penne pasta with bruschetta, Italian four cheese blend, white sauce, and fresh basil.
- Turkey Sub – Baguette baked with mayo, mustard, mixed greens, cranberry sauce, provolone cheese, tomatoes, and roasted turkey (oven-roasted).
- Italian Pizza – Pizza topped with a fresh pesto sauce made from basil, artichoke hearts, mozzarella cheese, tomato rounds, ham, and black olives.
“Always great pizza. The owner Russel is a nice guy and always takes care of us. After eating ZPizza it’s really hard to eat anywhere else. Gluten free, vegan and wheat options as well. You get what you pay for folks! Also, try the Golden spoon next door too!”
Photo by Meraj Kazi
Casual dining at its finest. Relax in a rustic designed place while eating a delicious American dish. Guests are greeted not by a hostess but by a chalkboard sign instructing them to take a menu, place their meal order in a designated bar area, and then find a table.
- Baby Back Ribs – Deliciously cooked ribs with flavourful sauce.
- Center-Cut Fillet – Tender steak with a mild flavor.
- Killer Buffalo Wings – Deep fried, unbreaded chicken with savory sauce.
“M(a)cKenzie was our server. Not sure if its with an A or not. Great smile, personality and attitude. Seemed to be running a big section by herself but everyone seemed to be taken care of. Been to quite a few Wood Ranch restaurants and she was definitely one of the best. Food, delivery, presentation were all top notch. Definitely ask for her section when you visit!”
Photo by Nataliya Vaitkevich
Zesty Olives was born from the genuine passion of its founders to bring a taste of the Mediterranean to the local community. Their mission is to provide healthy, always fresh, never-frozen, and irresistibly delicious Mediterranean cuisine that leaves customers craving more.
This commitment to quality and flavor shines through in every dish they serve, making Zesty Olives a go-to destination for those seeking authentic and satisfying Mediterranean flavors.
- Zesty Mediterranean Bowl – A green salad topped with garbanzo beans, cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, red onions, pickled cabbage, feta, hummus, and pita bread is included in this meal. Olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette are used as the dressing on the salad.
- Energy Burst Salad – A mixed green salad topped with feta, olives, cherry tomatoes, red onions, garbanzo beans, pickled cabbage, and sweet corn.
- Beef Pita Wrap – Top-quality beef top sirloin grilled and flavored with herbs, tzatziki, or hummus (vegan, gluten-free), tomatoes, parsley, fresh greens, and red onions.
“Such a wonderful spot!! The staff is incredibly welcoming, the food is clean and fresh, and the space is very sanitary. They update their menu regularly to reflect what’s in season, love that. Will 1000% be coming back.”
Photo by Hans Hopkins
Bistro K is a family-owned restaurant. They serve some of the best-tasting Italian pasta and a myriad of salads and sandwiches. The restaurant is open throughout the day, so you may stop by at any time of the day for a hearty meal.
- Ashley’s Special – scrambled egg whites with fresh spinach, mushrooms, tomato, onions, and avocado.
- Bistro K Burger – cheddar cheese, grilled mushrooms, onions, lettuce, and tomato; served with a green salad or fries, depending on your preference.
- Chicken Piccata – chicken cooked briefly in a sauce made of white wine, lemon juice, and capers.
“Everything about Bistro K is fantastic. The food is remarkable and the baked goods are off the chart. I strongly recommend Bistro K to everyone looking for a comfortable place to call there own.”
The reviews already showed us that restaurants in Laguna Niguel are worth returning to not just twice but many more times! Services-wise, the food already qualifies for a 3-5 star rate; adding their serving and customer treatment could make it to a five out of five-star rate.
Dining in Laguna Niguel’s restaurants already gave you an overview of their culinary culture. Now, if you want to know more about the city, please do not hesitate to book an appointment with me by calling (949) 340-6307 or sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on our social media channels to be updated on the latest news and happenings about Laguna Niguel!
Frequently Asked Questions
September and November offer ideal weather conditions for a trip to Laguna Niguel. It’s the sweet spot between summer and winter when the temperature is perfect for exploring the city’s sights.
Do whatever you like outside without getting hot or worrying about the weather. Laguna Niguel is a pleasant destination if you enjoy spending time outside in the summer, from June to August.
You can call a restaurant in Laguna Niguel or use an online service like OpenTable to make a reservation. You may also explore the website of the restaurant you would like to dine at and check whether they have a reservation option on their site.